and River House Bed & Breakfast
"Strangers are Friends Waiting to Happen"
Mary's Cottage (named in honour of the previous owner) is a great place to visit, a place where you can relax and re-energize, a place to enjoy nature, to take a walk or a bike ride, or to swim and fish.
Rental Rate: $700 per week
Monthly and short term rental rates are also available.
Please enquire about reservations and monthly
or short term rates by sending us an
Receive our Welcome Food Kit on arrival!
Mary's Cottage is a cozy, spotlessly clean, two-bedroom holiday home. It offers:
- It sleeps five comfortably
- You can have one king size bed or two singles in either bedroom
- Has four-piece bath
- Laundry room, washer, dryer, iron and ironing board, and an outdoor clothesline
- Full kitchen, with all utensiles, dishes, tea towels, etc.
- Combination dining and living room with electric fireplace and satellite television
- Private deck with gas barbecue
- All bed linens supplied
- Access to the Rotary Walking or Biking Trail at the back of the house
- Bikes available
- Well kept lawns and flower beds
- In the winter the trail is kept groomed and is great for cross-country skiing or just bundle up, walk, and enjoy the beauty.
- Beautiful sunsets year round
We are conveniently located 15 minutes north of Peterborough and 5 minutes south of Lakefield.
Local Weather Forecast
The Otonabee River is noted for its fishing for Carp, Bass, Pickerel and Muskie. Bait for your fishing adventure is ready when you arrive! Canoe/kayak rentals are located nearby.
Mary's Cottage Interior
There are many activities and sights to see throughout the Kawarthas. Visit our links to plan your vacation, and then make Mary's Cottage or our River House B&B the centre point for your activities.
Deb & Joe Watson
4069 County Rd. 32
Lakefield ON K0L 2H0